Valerie Brown Garza
The mission of the Personnel Department is to ensure the City of Rio Grande has the best-trained and well-compensated professionals to provide the public with quality services.
Benefits, responsibilities and other policies for municipal employees are delineated in the City’s Personnel Policy Manual.
The Personnel Department shall perform the following functions in fulfillment of the Policy Manual:
- Recruit and select personnel
- Maintain current employment records
- Provide employee compensation information
- Furnish training and career development
- Administer personnel actions
- Enforce federal and state employment laws
- Process and maintain payroll records
If you are interested in serving the people of Rio Grande City, please contact our Personnel Department. We will be pleased to provide information on any existing Employment Opportunities, help you with an Employee Application and answer any questions you may have.
The Rio Grande City offers its employees a full array of fringe benefits such as:
- Health insurance trough Intergovernmental Employee Benefits Pool
- Life Insurance trough Intergovernmental Employee Benefits Pool
- Dental insurance (Optional)
- Retirement through Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
- Texas Workers Compensation Insurance
- Vacation, holiday, sick and other leave
These and other benefits are more fully described in the Rio Grande City’s Employee Benefits Package brochure.
The City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. For more information contact the Texas Commission on Human Rights (TCHR).