203 W. Water Street
Rio Grande City, Texas
Fernando Guerra (Public Works Director) a native Rio Grande City resident, has received training in Work Zone Area Traffic Control, Work Zone Area Flagger and Arc Welder certification from the Texas A&M University System. Guerra has also trained with in Liquid Field Petroleum Gas from the Texas Railroad Commission and Road Crack Filling Field training from the Texas Department of Transportation.
The mission of the Public Works Department is to maintain a clean and attractive community by maintaining functional streets, sidewalks, parks and municipal facilities.
- Street & Sidewalk Management: construct and repair municipal
roads and sidewalks as required.
- Park Management: Ensure municipal parks are clean, safe and attractive.
- Brush Collection: Provide regular collection of brush from
commercial and residential properties.
- Facility Management: Maintain public buildings and sites in safe
and functional conditions.
- Right-of-Way Management: Safeguard public rights-of-way (ROW) such as alleys and drainage easements.
- Special Projects: Assist other departments with preparation,
support and tear-down for special events
* To ensure a successful message, all fields must be filled out appropriately.