- For-profit business owned and operated in the corporate limits of Rio Grande City;
- Maintain a physical and publicly accessible location in a commercial building within the corporate limits of Rio Grande City;
- Engaged in the sale of taxable goods and services;
- May not exceed $250,000 in gross annual revenue;
- In good standing and current with City of Rio Grande City required permits; utilities, sales and tax payments;
- Maintain a minimum number of employees for effective business operations;
- Engaged in activities that are legal under city and state law;
- Must have been in continuous operation within the corporate city limits of Rio Grande City for a period of at least nine months prior to the application submission date.
Required Documents & Deadlines:
Applicants submit complete documents outlined in Step 1 in a sealed envelope with the business name and "Covid 19 Business Grant" written on the envelope using the drive-thru service window at Rio Grande City Hall between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday up to November 30, 2020. Submittals shall be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, provided they comply with the guidelines. Depending on the program demand, the funds may be exhausted before the deadline and close the program ahead of the scheduled end date.
- Signed Acknowledgment Form (click here)
- Certificate of occupancy provided by the City of Rio Grande City, or application or receipt for certificate by the Rio Grande City Planning Office;
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts sales tax statement for either February 2020 or most recent filing;
- 2018 or 2019 Income Tax Return that has been filed depending on the structure of the business (Form 1065 for Partnership, Form 1120 for an S-Corp, Form 1120 for a C-Corp, Form Schedule C for a Sole Proprietorship/Single Member LLC) disclosing $250,000 or less in gross annual revenue;
- RGCCISD Tax Office 2019 ad valorem tax receipt for payment of 2019 City of Rio Grande City personal and/or business property taxes;
- Texas Workforce Commission’s most recent quarterly filing (January 2020 for most covering the period October-December 2019) or Form 941 for 2019 Employee Federal Quarterly Tax Return and filing confirmation. IRS Form Schedule C will satisfy this requirement for sole proprietorship
- Completed W-9 Form.
- Once awarded, the business owner shall sign a performance agreement accepting the terms and conditions of the grant;
- Complete a vendor registration form to initiate the process for disbursing grant funds via check.
● Mortgage Payment;
● Utilities (electricity, phone/internet, etc.);
● Purchase of supplies to offer alternative business access (curbside pickup, delivery, shipping);
● Purchase of PPE and sanitation supplies and equipment to protect against COVID 19;
● Launching online presence and sales;
● Short-term marketing campaign;
● Limited interior modification for health and safety purposes.
Terms and Conditions:
● Execute a performance agreement;
● Consent to possible financial audit or physical inspection(s) by the City of Rio Grande City or its agents;
● Agree to provide proof of grant funds use, if requested;
● Agree to not knowingly employ any undocumented workers as part of and during the term of the grant agreement;
● Remain in business in the corporate limits of Rio Grande City for at least twelve(12) months after the date of receiving grant funds;
● Agree to refund all money awarded upon demand if the business is found in default of any performance requirement and/or should a petition be filed within 60 day publication and protest period.
The City of Rio Grande City and the Rio Grande City are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. Information you submit may be subject to the Act and, therefore, subject to public release.
RIO GRANDE CITY SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF GRANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM